Digital Marketing Coordinator (part-time, summer position)
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
ABOUT SAPPHO NEW PARADIGM
Conceived in Vancouver, BC, where the mountains meet the sea, SAPPHO creates clean and ‘good’ makeup products in Canada, that celebrate beauty with every face we touch. We are committed to creating performance that stands the test of professional makeup artists, crafting products that nurture the unique beauty of our customers, and honouring our planet with conscious choices of ingredients, packaging and partnerships.
We are on a mission to celebrate the beauty of different faces by creating the most clean and sustainable colour cosmetics in the world. By bringing together nature, art and well-being, SAPPHO and our customers redefine what beauty is to ourselves, our loved ones, our community and our planet.
We are a small, independently-owned, women-led business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Marketing & PR Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to execute effective digital marketing and PR strategies in a luxury environment utilizing social media, blogging, web analytics, affiliate marketing and influencer marketing, among others. The Digital Marketing & PR Coordinator will also be in charge of developing and updating content for SAPPHO’s social media, with the key objective to drive traffic to our brand’s website.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with a data-driven mindset and strong creative and/or makeup skills. The best candidate will have good knowledge of traditional PR, influencer marketing and digital marketing in a luxury beauty environment and possess a keen eye for makeup, clean beauty and related digital content. Ethics, sustainability, diversity and healthy ingredients are at the core of our business and must matter to you!
TASKS & DUTIES
- Connect overall business objectives with digital marketing initiatives
- Implement digital media campaigns and PR campaigns aligned to marketing and sales goals
- Drive new website visitors strategically to increase online sales leads and build brand reputation
- Assist with marketing calendar planning and execution
- Assist in creating related promotional content for customer-facing platforms (web, email, social media)
- Create engaging, quality video content for social media (this is where your knowledge and skills with makeup will come in handy!)
- Research and write content for the SAPPHO blog and publish articles according to the marketing calendar
- Ensure brand consistency across all platforms
Social Media Management
- Establish, launch and maintain new social media accounts for the brand (Tik Tok)
- Acquire engaged followers on various platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Tik Tok)
- Manage communication with followers and coordinate responding to questions, engaging promptly
- Regular reporting of key metrics and events to Director
- Stay up-to-date with social media and trends
- Find relevant contacts for editors, freelancers, influencers, retailers and makeup artists in designated markets
- Track and develop relationships with makeup artists and clean beauty enthusiasts for SAPPHO, in order to improve the reach of the brand and product sales
- Assist in contacting selected people and coordinate packages, shipping, tracking posts, follow-up
- Engage relevant Ambassadors to join our brand’s Affiliate program
- Identify key areas of success and opportunities for improvement
- Use data and analytical reasoning to incrementally improve campaign performance on a continual basis
- Provide management with key metrics reporting
Web Applications & SEO
- Lead or assist in implementation of Shopify applications
- Audit & optimize web content, images, tags, FAQ, etc. to improve SEO
- Assist in launch and implementation of loyalty program
- Possess an excellent attention to detail, positive attitude, and ability to work quickly and efficiently to achieve goals
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Deep understanding of all relevant ethical consumer, digital and PR best practices
- Comfortable and confident with managing customer and partner interactions via email and in-app messaging
- Ability to leverage PR and digital marketing to achieve desired business results
- Excellent organizational skills and multiple task management
- Self-motivated and responsible
- 1-2 years of experience in digital marketing and social media management. Experience in beauty/makeup/fashion/luxury is a plus
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications and/or internet marketing preferred
- Demonstrated strong written communication skills
- Highly proficient with third-party marketing software and apps. Including, but not limited to; Shopify, email service providers (Klaviyo or similar), Adobe Photoshop, Canva, video editing, social media platforms
- Have your own laptop/computer and recent smartphone
- Fluent English in both writing and speaking
Because this is a part-time, work-from-home, temporary position, the role can be tailored to your individual strengths. If you don’t have all the skills required above but are really strong in some of the listed areas, please apply and let us know what you’re really great at!
Part Time position at 20 hours per week for 14 weeks, starting on or around June 15th 2021. This role will be a remote position and while residing in the Vancouver BC area is a plus, it is not mandatory.
Regular hours of operation are 9:30am-6:00pm PST Monday through Friday, your schedule can be determined based on your availability and time zone.
This position is offered through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada, please review other requirements here.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.