ABOUT SAPPHO NEW PARADIGM
Sappho New Paradigm is a natural and organic cosmetic brand focused on developing a luxury line free of synthetic preservatives known or strongly suspected of being carcinogens.
Founded by Emmy nominated makeup up artist JoAnn Fowler and developed with experts in the field of green formulation, Sappho New Paradigm offers formulations which blend impeccably with all skin types. Created with the finest certified organic ingredients, infused with phyto-nutrients & tested by professional makeup artists, the performance of this line is what will thrill and amaze.
Fiercely independent, Sappho New Paradigm values ethical business, transparency of ingredients, honesty & authenticity. We stand for the ethical treatment of humans & animals and we promise to get greener as we grow. We love & support everything creative.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
JoAnn Fowler is a Canadian makeup artist and the founder of Sappho New Paradigm Cosmetics.
She has enjoyed professional recognition and acclaim over the last 20 years, working as a makeup artist both in film & television across North America.
In the early 2000s, after an extended research on chemicals in cosmetics JoAnn decided to develop a clean line of toxins free makeup to provide her clients with a viable alternative to the toxic chemically laden commercial brands then available on the market.
- In 2004, JoAnn Fowler was nominated for two CINOMA Award for Best Makeup for her role as head of department in the ‘L Word’
- In 2005 she was nominated for an EMMY Award for best makeup in ‘Reefer Madness’
- In 2008 Fowler incorporated her first line of organic Cosmetics called Sappho Organics.
- In 2013 she won a LEO Award for best makeup in ‘The Ring of Fire’
- In a Globe and Mail Article in 2013 Sappho Cosmetics was named as a rival of Chanel or M.A.C. by Toronto’s green beauty expert Donna Bishop
- In 2014 JoAnn took part in the Smithsonian Channel’s documentary “Coming Clean with Cosmetics”
- JoAnn’s resume includes head of department credits for: Final Destination 5, Air Bud, Life Size, Twilight Saga New Moon, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The L Word, Life Unexpected, X-Men 2, Duets and many more
- JoAnn is known for her regular work on major actors and fashion icons including Jennifer Beals, Pam Grier, Drew Barrymore, Lindsay Lohan, Carmen Electra, Maria Bello, Katie Cassidy, Mia Kirshner, Jack Black, Snoop Dog, Matthew Fox to name a few.
- In November 2016, JoAnn Fowler presents her latest project, Sappho New Paradigm
CLEAN. CONSCIOUS. VEGAN.